Chủ Nhật, 12 tháng 2, 2012

Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel Review

I was initially nervous about spending time at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel. Would Goofy actually be the one cleaning the rooms? Was Mickey Mouse going to be plastered on every surface? Would there be facilities that an adult would enjoy or was this all about the kids? Turns out I had nothing to worry about. The Hong Kong Disney Hotel is a world class hotel with everything in it that anyone of any age needs to have a magical and enjoyable time.

hotels in hongkong
Disneyland Hotel in Hong Kong

The Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel is a five star hotel that lives up to it’s rating and the fact that it is in the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort is a bonus that adds value rather than a kitschy theme that covers every decoration. In fact, the hotel itself is a classic example of taste and luxury with a wealthy Victorian feel and tasteful decoration and furnishings.

reviews of hongkong hotels
My Bed for 3 Days

The service was anything but Goofy and there was nothing Mickey Mouse about the way this upscale resort is run. From airport pickups and greetings to an efficient English speaking desk staff, everything went the way things are supposed to go.

affordable hotels near disneyland
HKDL Hotel Bathroom

I was a bit surprised upon entering my room, I thought I was just lucky to given a nice room with a sea view only to find out that other bloggers had the same type of room. Huge space, comfortable bed, nice TV and everything you need is just one phone away.

disneyland lobby hotel
Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel Lobby

I really felt no pressure and my stress melted rather than built up as happens in a lot of ‘resort’ places where the focus is on selling you something. They probably already know why you are there, so the service can focus on 100% guest satisfaction. With me, they succeeded. 100%.

room with a view
View from my room

I thought there would be out of control kids everywhere, but the lobby has a brilliant idea to keep the kids busy. The Disney Playhouse Channel kept the little ones captivated and dreaming of what the coming days would be like. Lobby decorations were tasteful and subdued. I fell like I was checking into a Ritz instead of a Disney Hotel which I thought is just for kids with toys all over the place. I have to rethink about my hotel ratings in the future. This was a new standard for me.

Melo Villareal at the Maze
Melo Villareal at the Maze

In particular, the lift caught my attention along with the gorgeous chandeliers. As to the rooms, very sumptuous and comfortable. With plenty of dining options, a gym, a business center, and more than a few in hotel entertainment options too. Great pools, outdoor ball options, and my favorite, the Sorcerers Lounge. Adults only there, thank you very much.

Melo Villareal at the MazeHKDL Hotel BathroomView from my roomMy Bed for 3 DaysDisneyland Hotel in Hong KongHong Kong Disneyland Hotel Lobby

In short, I recommend the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel as a great hotel with comfy beds, quiet rooms, and great service. I look forward to my next visit.

Travel Blog Search Terms:


Link to full article

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến